I was picking up Isai in the red van from somewhere (school) and we were going somewhere (outlet mall?, it's a notion) and when we were on a main street Isai was giving me options of which roads we could take to get there. He said we could go straight until we got to __th street (the streets were numbered, for example 54th St.). I think we were on 74th or 79th street and we were trying to get to the 30s (??) He had told me it was best for me to make a left on 13th street and then it would meet up with our destination street, while he was telling me this alternative (because I was set to go straight) we were suddenly on 13th street and he told me "It's this street!! Turn here!" When he told me this we were at a red light and I thought it was only one lane that made a left (so I was trying to get onto the left lane, but the lane I was one, which was the second left lane, also made a left turn).
So we make a left and we go straight, then I see another stop (red light) further ahead. By this point we have driven not too much but just enough to be far from the 13th street where we turned on. This stop light suddenly appeared to me, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the road and the van was going pretty fast for me to make a sudden stop; I applied the full breaks and to not hit the (van or truck?) in front of me, I tried going into the left lane, but an old brown (Buick or Cadillac or one of those types of cars) was like racing me and didn't give me space to get into the left lane, so I had to get back into my lane. When the van was at its end of braking, I barely touched the (van or truck) but it did jerk them a bit. I felt so embarrassed I ducked down, but I saw myself ducked in the second row of the van, and I peeked to see the people in the truck and their reaction. It turns out it was Willies little sister and her little brother, and they kept turning around to see who it was that hit them, but the way I was ducked, it seemed like no one was in the driver's seat of the van.
The light turned green and then I was, back on the wheel, and they turned around again while we were on the road and she saw it was me then I could make out that she told her little brother, "It was her" like she had recognized me from back at the stop. I was telling her "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, do you want me to pull over?" and she said "Yes, we will turn on Willow____(wood?)" and I said "Okay"
I suddenly saw her turn and make a right onto a feeder road (It looked like the one from Fuqua and Beltway 8 when we go home.) I couldn't turn with her because I had cars to the right lane, so I passed the freeway and I saw that it was the same plaza on Gessner when you pass 59. (Staples, Academy, Chase Bank, etc) So I see myself driving on the left lane ready to make a u-turn by the first entrance of Chase and Academy, and I somehow passed up the turn. I slightly missed the turn but I manage to make a u-turn within my left lane and I go through the opening where I intended to make the u-turn, so basically I was breaking the driving laws.
I was picturing how I was going to make a left under the bridge and then once on the feeder I would make a on the first entrance which was Willow___(wood/bend?) but before I could get to the left lane that prepares you to make a left turn onto the feeder on the following light signal, I woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment